panko crusted asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- Juice from 1 lemon, including zest (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is heating, arrange asparagus in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- When the asparagus is almost done, melt butter in a small skillet.
- Add breadcrumbs, stirring often until panko is golden brown.
- Immediately remove from heat (panko burns quickly) and stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Remove asparagus from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with panko bread mixture and grated cheese (if using). Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2013/05/panko-crusted-asparagus.html