3 Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, approximately 3.5-4.5 pounds
- 3 spring onions
- 1 cup chicken broth
- olive oil (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the spring onions (scallions) into thirds and scatter them across the bottom of your Instant Pot or other pressure cooker.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the bird all over with olive oil, then season generously with salt and pepper, inside and out.
- Place the seasoned chicken on top of the scallions in the Instant Pot. Carefully and slowly pour the chicken broth around the chicken.
- Seal the Instant Pot with the lid, making sure the pressure valve is set to "sealing."
- Hit the "Manual" button and adjust the time (using +/-) to 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes has finished, let the Instant Pot automatically switch to the "Keep Warm" function for 10 minutes. Slowly turn the cover of the Instant Pot to let the remaining steam out.
- Remove the chicken with a pair of tongs and leave on a cutting board to cool slightly.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and use for your favorite recipe!
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2018/05/3-ingredient-instant-pot-chicken.html