steamed littleneck clams with basil and garlic
- 2-3 pounds fresh clams, scrubbed thoroughly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large, heavy pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring one minute.
- Add clams and white wine and immediately cover, reducing heat to low.
- Steam for approximately 7-9 minutes or until clams are mostly open.
- Remove from heat and add second tablespoon of butter, ground pepper and basil. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2014/06/clams-for-baby.html