shrimp remoulade salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice squeezed from about a half a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay or Cajun seasoning (adjust more to taste)
- 2 shallots, minced
- ¼ cup minced dill pickle
- ¼ cup minced green onion
- 2 sprigs parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 bag (around 3 cups of loosely packed) of baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 ear fresh corn, kernels removed from cob
- ½ English cucumber (or Japanese kyuri)
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed and dried with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine first 14 ingredients, adding water if needed to reach desired consistency, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to one day.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place slices of bacon on an ungreased baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Roast bacon in oven until crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a saute pan until shimmering but not smoking.
- Toss shrimp with salt and pepper, then saute until pink and cooked through. In a medium bowl, add shrimp and ½ of the remoulade dressing. Toss to coat.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together spinach, corn, and cucumbers. Top with shrimp. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2011/06/coffees-last-stand.html