cucumber, coconut and carrot salad
- 2 Indian or Persian cucumbers, small diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I used dried, but fresh is best if you can get it)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (Vietnamese preferred)
- ½ teaspoon sugar (optional, to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together cucumbers, carrots and coconut.
- Add lime mixture and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2014/10/sri-lankan-coconut-carrot-salad.html