- 1⅓ cup stone ground grits
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 a stick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Rinse grits under cold water and strain carefully to remove hulls (the little bits that float to the top).
- Pour grits in a small stock pot and add grits. Add water and milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add butter and salt and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until mixture is thick and grits are tender, approximately 20 minutes. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2015/12/braised-short-ribs-and-grits.html