- 1 pound grouper
- ½ cup onions
- ½ cup carrots
- 1.5 tablespoons Key West seafood seasoning
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- ½ cup flour
- Coconut oil, for fryer
- Chop or use a food processor to grind grouper.
- Finely dice the onions, carrots and mix with grouper.
- Add Key West seafood seasoning, egg yolk and the key lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour and stir gently until mixture starts to form a batter.
- Use a spoon to make balls.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet and fry the grouper fritters in batches until browned (or bake in the oven)on sheet tray.
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2016/03/sponsored-florida-keys-key-west.html