celery, apple and mint slaw
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tart apples (like Braeburn or gala)
- ½ bunch mint, rinsed and minced (about ¼ cup)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and julienne the celery into thin matchsticks.
- Using a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the apple, then cut the slices into matchsticks as well (you can do all of this with a knife if you don't have a mandolin slicer).
- Toss together the celery and apple in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon, olive oil and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the celery and apple, tossing a bit to coat. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grits and Chopsticks at https://www.gritsandchopsticks.com/the-gravy-train/2017/03/celery-apple-and-mint-slaw.html